Woodlands Academy are taking the COVID-19 virus outbreak seriously and doing everything we can to mitigate the risks. We are following all the current government guidelines for the school and will keep you updated with all new developments.
The current Government guidelines with regards to COVID-19 are; Unless your child has tested positive for the coronavirus (or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive with the virus and is showing symptoms), they should attend school as usual (unless they are too unwell due to an unrelated illness).
This is the Department for Education (DFE) website with useful information about COVID-19
The Academy has taken the following actions for infection control:
• Ensuring pupils and staff understand that they must cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
• Encouraging good hygiene by promoting the importance of handwashing for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap regularly.
• Putting up coronavirus infection control measures information posters around the school
• Ensuring frequently touched objects and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected more regularly than usual
• Encouraging the use of hand sanitizers in classes (where it is available)
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 in school then please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you suspect that you or a member of your family are displaying the symptoms associated with COVID-19 then contact the NHS 111 service